I missed this last year, so this year I’m putting in my picks for Best Eight Albums of 2006. I’m doing eight, because I really couldn’t come up with ten. I think I just found a love for older music this year. I considered doing a Best Of 2005 list, but you guys are smarter than that.
- In Ink Please – Formica Table for Two (50)
- The Streets – The Hardest Way to Make An Easy Living (27)
- The Decemberists – The Crane Wife (23)
- Thom Yorke – The Eraser (18)
- Guster – Ganging Up on the Sun (15)
- Cursive – Happy Hollow (15)
- Sunset Rubdown – Shut Up I Am Dreaming (12)
- Snow Patrol – Eyes Open (11)
The numbers represent total play counts for the entire album (totaling play count per song). It’s not extremely accurate (especially since my library has seen a lot of modification this past year), but I agree with it. Guster beat out Cursive because I put two of their songs on a CD for Holli from that album, which I thought should count for something.
What is your list of top 2006 music albums?